Nicholas J Hurley, DDS, PA Offers Orthodontics in Thomasville, NC
Few people are born with perfect mouths. Many people have crooked teeth, underbites, overbites, crowding, and other imperfections with which to deal. Although these problems don't go away on their own, they can be corrected through orthodontic care. As one of the top Thomasville orthodontists, Dr. Nicholas J Hurley is experienced at developing treatments plans to correct a wide variety of problems with the positioning of the teeth and jaw.
What Problems can Orthodontics Fix?
Orthodontic care offers a variety of benefits for patients. When noticeable imperfections are corrected, a patient's self-esteem improves, and he or she will feel more confident smiling every day. Correcting crooked teeth can make it easier to brush and floss, leading to an improvement in overall oral health. In addition, orthodontic care can improve speech, make eating easier, and help to reduce wear on the dental enamel for some patients.
Our Thomasville Orthodontic Services
As an experienced orthodontist and a member of the American Orthodontic Society, Dr. Hurley offers a variety of orthodontic services, including:
• Traditional braces - Dr. Hurley uses traditional metal braces to treat children, teens, and adults who have tooth and jaw misalignment issues. Braces exert pressure on the teeth, helping to reposition them. Metal braces are the most commonly prescribed orthodontic treatment and can deliver predictable results.
• Clear braces - Made of ceramic brackets, clear braces provide the benefits of traditional braces in a form that blends more closely with your natural teeth. Clear braces deliver the same teeth alignment benefits of regular metal braces, in a more visually appealing form.
• Invisalign® - As a certified Invisalign® orthodontist in Thomasville, Dr. Hurley fits patients for Invisalign. Treatment with Invisalign involves a series of clear, comfortable plastic aligner trays that gently move the teeth into position. The trays are nearly invisible, removable, and are able to correct the same complex orthodontic issues as traditional metal braces.
• Retainers - Children can be outfitted for retainers to help prevent misalignments from worsening as children's adult teeth come in over the years. Retainers, in some form, are also usually prescribed after a course of orthodontic treatment with braces.
• Underbite and Overbite Treatments - Dr. Hurley can develop the best treatment plan for correct underbites and overbites using orthodontic appliances. An aligned bite can improve both the aesthetic of your smile and your overall natural mouth function.
Contact our Thomasville Orthodontist Today!
To find out if orthodontic treatment can help improve the health and appearance of your smile, schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Hurley today. During your visit, he will examine your teeth and gums and take both photographs and digital x-rays of your mouth. After discussing your concerns and completing his examination, Dr. Hurley will outline all of the treatment options available to address your problems, taking the time to ensure that you truly understand what the best course of action is for your particular needs.
Contact our Thomasville dental office today to find out how Dr. Hurley and his team can help give you the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted.